All Good Things Must Come to an End

By: Bobby Finstock on 04/30/10 @ 8:05 am

Ladies, gentlemen, and social degenerates the time has come where I need to move on to another phase of my life. A phase where I concentrate on my career, my quest to find the perfect industrial strength toilet for my home, and to answer the question, “will I ever be able to sleep with a stripper without spending a dime on her while she is ‘at work’?”

As of next week I am selling out and selling Pointless Banter to an internal conglomerate hell bent on continuing to provide crass and entertaining content, I just won’t be along for the ride. (For those of you who are going to ask, “for how much?” I will just kindly say that it is enough for me to pay you to let me donkey punch you. So it is at least over $25.)

It is kind of like the episode of Seinfeld when Kramer sells his “stories” to J. Peterman, except without the bus tour. Although if I ever strike it rich you better believe that I will create one.

“This is the hill where Bobby Finstock walked up after infamous pudding girl incident.”

“This is the KFC/Taco Bell that led to a certain salad tossing situation.”

“Here is the unmarked grave of his male stalker.”

“Here is the house of the single mother that not only killed her kids hamster but keyed Mr. Finstock’s car after he wrote about it.”

There is other projects comedy wise that I will be a part of down the road, it will just be in a different style, at a different time, and in a different place. With that being said I am going to share my Facebook “personal” profile so you can stay up to date and where ladies can send me inappropriate pictures.

(This is the sentimental part.)

I want to thank everyone that has taken the time to read this crap over the years, those who take the time to comment and add to the overall fun of the blog. I went from having 12 people read what I post on MySpace to millions of people reading my crap in a year. It is mind-boggling and probably a sad commentary on our society. Also I want to thank Donkeysosa, Matt, Mike, and the Slackmistress for their contributions to the site, they kept things going and helped bring different points of view. (And wrote some hilarious shit.)

Also I would like to thank celebrities with zero common sense, Captain Morgan’s Rum, a horrible high school sex life that fueled a twenty year old to do a lot of dumb things, and velveeta cheese. (Because it is fucking delicious.)

So I leave you with this:

Didn’t they all end becoming Nazis and sleeping with each other? Whatever. I’ve never actually sat through the entire movie so I am just assuming that is what happens.

32 Responses to “All Good Things Must Come to an End”

1. Pam says:

Thanks for the laughs, my friend. And, I’m about to get sappy, so find your tissue…

I found your writing at a time in my life where I really didn’t have too much in my real world to laugh about. Going through a divorce from hell; children growing up and out; everything was in a state of confusion and I felt so isolated in a world that seemed so much bigger than me.

With much trepidation, I started a MySpace account to spy on my daughter leaving for school. Through lonely mornings and terrifying nights, I began to span what MS called a “blog”. I didn’t even know what that word meant. Seriously.

The first blog I found was by this incredibly funny, felt like he could be your little brother, guy from California. (That would be you.) From that point on, I knew I could count on a few laughs every day. You let me go to jury duty with you, go to lunch with you, go on dates with you and meet your nephew. And, you also had a really big cock.

I just wanted you to know that, because of you and a few others like you, I was able to find comfort in a time when I needed it most. I sincerely thank you for that.

I’m happy to say life’s readjusted itself since all those years ago and I’ve moved forward, and continue to do so. I wish you nothing but all the best life has to offer you as you do the same. You deserve it.

2. Kemari says:

You will be missed. It’s been a hell of a journey. Despite your hatred of diaper wearing adults, I have no doubt you’ll go far in life.

Good luck with your “freaking” endeavors.

3. pattypunker says:

damnit! i’m so sad. i had been missing your posts and tweets tremendously. you always brightened my day and made me laugh my ass off. you were also an inspiration to my own writing. you’re going to be missed big time.

i’m happy for you and new phases are what any life worth living needs. i hope you enjoy every second of every new dawn and adventure. but back to what’s important: me. why the fuck are you abandoning me? don’t you care about your fans? what’s with this self-serving shit? i’m totally bummed and you’re all living your life and making changes and having eye-opening experiences. fuck that!

buh-bye. sayonara. good riddance. don’t let the door hit you in the ass.
    ps: lots of love, thanks for every word, and i just friend requested you on fb under my real name, trisha.

• That has kind of been the main reason I am getting rid of everything. I can’t keep the pace that I think I need to keep and I am spread to thin. I had to sit down and reorder how I do everything professionally and personally.

What a lame answer.

Best of luck, man. And I can only thank you enough for introducing me to the depravity of a mere 1% of urban dictionary.

Can’t wait to see what you’ll be up to next. It was nice to click on this link for so long and get a laugh…as long as I didn’t have to explain why I was laughing to anyone else.

5. bethany says:

Like Megan, I can’t wait to see what you’ll do next and hope we all get to come along for the ride.

And when you totally dominate the world as “the” Social Media guru, we can say we knew you “when….”

Thanks for creating PointlessBanter.net – for introducing me to some crazy kick-ass characters that have made me laugh over the years almost as much as you have and for believing in my ability to write… I hope that wherever life takes you, you can always find the humour in it. But, I’m going to miss this site.

6. Amanda Rose says:

Don’t always comment but have always loved reading. Glad I have my book, might be worth something down the road :)

7. Fiona says:

Well shit man, NOW what am I going to read when I’m bored at work?? I’ll miss harassing you. Granted I haven’t commented in a while, I always read your blogs. *sigh* Another suitcase in another hall.

Keep us posted? All the best though, seriously.

8. Wonder Bitch! says:

As one of your first wave of contributors to the site, it makes me really sad to see it go. I wish you well with your future projects and expect to continue to receive constant poking from you on facebook.

9. Claire says:

Oh boo :(

I shall now have to find a new guilty pleasure, but hopefully when you hit your next crisis, maybe in your 40’s, you will once again fill our lives with tales that make you cringe and laugh at the same time.

Wishing all the best in your next adventures and will hunt you down for a pint next time I am on that side of the pond.

10. PJ says:

Congrats and good luck.

“Well, all I’m saying is that I want to look back and say that I did it the best I could while I was stuck in this place. Had as much fun as I could while I was stuck in this place. Played as hard as I could while I was stuck in this place. Dogged as many girls as I could while I was stuck in this place.”

11. suzanne says:

On the serious note..I am going to miss your hilarious observations. Thanks for the chuckles Kev.

12. Joy says:

Awww I’m sad to see you go, but happy that you’re moving on to bigger & greater things. Gonna miss the site, but I’ll follow you on fb lol.

13. Bree says:

I really didn’t expect this!
    But I do have to say, it has been a great pleasure to have known you and read your blogs.
    The few good things to come out of Myspace was meeting the wonderful, and hilarious writers, even if I sucked balls at writing anything remotely funny, my attempts brought me here =).
    Good luck with your next step in life, Bobby! I’ll definitely miss your blogs!

14. LOTNorm says:

You’re still going to chef dumpers, though.

15. GovRory says:

I’m going to miss reading about your exploits on here sir.
    You inspired me to have a little too much fun and wake up naked in the home of a cougar (possibly got raped by her) to which the story is honoured to you.
    Thank you, now i’ll drink myself silly in your sites memory.

Ever the fan. Rory

16. jeff says:

When you become famous (or more famous), I can say that the bumper sticker that is covering the dent in dad’s car from 2 years ago was the first step in the success of you.

seriously though, thanks for everything over the years.

17. Wynn says:

I will surely miss you, a lot! Please come back once in a while!

18. rüya tabiri says:

shares use a perfect site decent Gives gives thanks for the efforts to guide everyone

19. Full Game says:

shares utilize a superb web site decent Gives thank you for the work to support me

20. CherylT says:

You’re selling out just when I found this blog? Oh crap. And by the way, you left us with a video that was removed by YouTube. WTG!

© 2010 Pointless Banter - All Rights Reserved || Designed: E.Webscapes || Social Media Consulting: Comedy Central Sound