A Dude’s Take on Grammy Fashion

By: Bobby Finstock on 02/9/09 @ 6:28 am

Ah, award season is here and my inner fashionista can come out. Not that I can even dress myself… I mean the joy is in making fun of everyone else. Here is my take one some of the celebrity fashion from last night’s 2009 Grammy Awards.

Coldplay- I like Coldplay. Fine… there is my dirty little secret but everytime I see them dress like this I want to cut my inner thigh to punish myself for ever buying one of their cds. The Hello Kitty lunchpal might have to come out from my desk door after seeing this picture from last night.

Grammy Awards Arrivals

T-Pain- Yes T-Pain that is the entire amount of talent you have if you didn’t use an auto tuner on every song.

Paula Abdul- You have to love Paula because there is absolutely nothing that she does that breaks the notion that is completely screwed up 24-7.

Stylist (a random bum she found on the street)- So Paula we are going to dress you in yellow with mirrors all over you.

Paula- Sounds great… that is what I pay you for. Now give momma her medicine.

Deadmau5- If only I could have borrowed that mask for my prom date my junior year I would be a must more well adjusted person. I am not going to lie this was by far my favorite outfit of the night.

Futureman- Um… strike what I just said about mouse head. This guy is AWESOME. Please tell me had a sword under that coat. Maybe he will challenge someone from Coldplay to a duel. How awesome would that be? “Chris Martin from Coldplay is struck down in a sword fight by Futureman”

MIA- She is like 35 months pregnant, she has an excuse… I think. I guess the slip can be used as a swaddling blanket just incase the baby falls out of her vagina while on stage.

Jennfier Hudson

Jennifer Hudson- Christ Jennifer take the napkin out of your dress before you hit the red carpet.

I originally wanted to just leave a caption under the picture saying, “Look ribs!” But I didn’t want people to play the race card on me.

Robyn- “You thought the bird out of my anus was impressive??? For my next trick I will pull a Wolverine out of my vagina.”

Did anyone watch the Grammy Awards last night? Any thoughts, reactions?

Don’t foget about your change to win a $350 gift card to Patagonia.

61 Responses to “A Dude’s Take on Grammy Fashion”

1. cigar smoking, beer drinking lawyer says:

I woulda stuck to the ribs comment. I have a question – who the hell are these people. Coldplay , Hudson and Paula I know – the rest? I will keep my country and rock.

• I like to consider myself pretty tuned into pop culture and I am not going to lie there were a shitload of people that I saw going through the pictures last night that I had no idea who they were. Some ended up in this blog.

My very own Jennifer Hudson rib eating/wish bone splitting comment didn’t go over to well with my friends…I had no idea they were so sensitive. Or I was such a politically incorrect asshole.

And I also made it clear I think I saw Futureman on my street participating in last years Bunker Hill Day Parade as the token black guy.

3. kate says:

i missed the grammys last night. i’m kinda glad i missed from what i heard.

chris brown getting his ’smack my bitch up’ on some chick other then rhianna.

and for the record…jennifer hudson does look like she is ready for a rib eating contest.

4. Susie says:

I was quite disappointed at the entertaining aspect of it, and had to turn off the tube.. someone certainly should have been MIA during one of the performances!

5. The Rocketman says:

Interestingly enough, I watched the show last night and thought to myself “At least Bobby’s take on this will be entertaining.”

6. Vince says:

Is there anything we can do to stop these god damn shows from even going on? I think the fact that they make millions off of albums, concerts and merch that the last thing any of these people needs is a fucking trophy.

The ribs comment is hilarious.

All of the people pictured above look like douchebags.

• I hate these shows but they provide material. The Grammy Awards probably annoy me the most because like there are so many great albums that just get unnoticed because people stick to a certain group of music.

The fact that the Black Keys album wasn’t nominated this year for best rock album is a crying shame.

• Vince says:

Oh I know that this stuff gives you plenty of material and it makes it so I don’t have to watch this crap but like you pointed out there are a bunch of albums out there that should have been put in the running for awards but weren’t because they don’t fit with the mainstream. I am also pretty sure that those nominated are based on album sales, its really the only logical reason that explains it. Which to me means that the majority of america has terrible taste in music.

• I went on two dates in the last month with women in their mid twenties that still listen to Britney Spears.

That says it all about the level of people’s taste in music in this country.

• Tori says:

You’re a womanizer. Womanizer womanizer womanizer if I say it 300 times, does that make it more effective?

God, I hate that song too.

• Vince says:

I am sure that I can safely assume that you did not have a second date with either of those girls.

I like a girl that knows nothing or very little about music so I can teach and education them on what good music is, much like I am doing with my girlfriend now.

7. stan says:

Yeah, I saw some of it. It just proved that some things never will change.

Whitney Houston and Paula Abdul were loaded. *yawn*
    No talent ass clowns bounced on the stage. *cracks beer*
    Stevie Wonder backed up the Jonas Brothers? What the fuck? *turns off TV*

• Ami says:

Whitney Houston did look like she took a little blow or something before she went on stage. She looked all whacked out and stuff. It was kind of entertaining.

• I love the diversion from her presentation. You know the producers had to be pissed.

• Tori says:

I loved when she adjusted her dress to show her leg and the look on her face was so expectant. Like she thought people would cheer or something. And any time someone says “Before I announce this award, I just want to say…” you know it’s gonna be good.

8. Theresa111 says:

First: I mistakenly thought your name was Kevin, Bobby. Please forgive me.
    You are so right. These so called fashions are terrible. Glad I missed the Grammies last night!

9. alicia says:

You are dead on with Paula….crazy deranged and tacky.

10. [...] A Dude’s Take On Grammy Fashion [...]

11. Ty says:

Quite a silly looking crew I agree

12. Hoeanna says:

I happened to stumble upon your site while strolling along internet lane, instead of doing my job here at work, and was forced to comment. I find you hilarious and witty, tho I did have to deduct points for having too much vagina to go full force with the rib comment. I would have!

13. Tits McGee says:

I didn’t watch that shit. But I’ll give you a digg, diggah.

14. Kobie says:

I watched about 5 minutes of it, I happened to be walking by the TV when that Katy Perry chick was singing the song about kissing a girl. That song is a trainwreck, but I could not look away.

15. Kobie says:

Also, when did Kanye West start getting his hair cut like Ray Parker Jr.?

16. lazyking says:

Come on Coldplay should have won BEst customs.
    MIA is out of her mind. This is child abuse lol

17. Endonesia says:

grammy fashion…??
    Very nice ideas….
    Be a good player…

Good day…

18. Kirsten says:

Deadmau5’s hat is like a trademark, it’s his thing. So, don’t hate on him. His music is sooo great!

19. Christine says:

I’m so disappointed I didn’t watch it but you’re take on it is just as amusing as if I had. I have to agree with you being a pussy for not calling the pic as it is Kev.

20. anita says:

geez whats with all the vagina jokes ?? why dont you try something else. most of the picture captions were pretty good though; i must admit

21. cio says:

MIA was awesome! She should have had more stage time though.. although being due on the same day would probably prevent her for doing a whole song by herself.

© 2009 Pointless Banter - All Rights Reserved || Designed: E.Webscapes || Social Media Consulting: Comedy Central Sound