Oh Yahoo you know exactly what I want

By: Bobby Finstock on 07/31/08 @ 9:20 am

Yahoo.com is my homepage. It has been my homepage since like 1995. I never have thought about changing my homepage. At one point I was using Yahoo for almost everything: e-mail, fantasy sports, testicle exams, dating, to wax my back, search, to change my oil, and various other daily uses.

Over the years though I stopped using Yahoo for almost every single one of these services however I refuse to change my homepage because Yahoo knows exactly what I want and how to draw my attention… Asian girls.

On the front page of Yahoo was a link to an article about how to conserve gas. Now frankly I don’t give a shit about how to conserve gas considering how little I drive at this point. Also this type of post has been over done and has been written about in Money magazine, Penthouse Forum, and all the other magazines I get at home like Highlights.

But Yahoo, knowing me all too well, threw up a picture of an Asian girl next to the article and of course like a trained monkey I clicked on it because if an Asian girl is involved I have to know what is going on.

yahoo why did you title this picture "saggy"?

yahoo why did you title this picture "saggy"?

After reading the article and feeling disappointment that there was no more mention or pictures of Asian girls I went back to the homepage. The sports tab was showing and of course the story was about the golfer Michelle Wie… Damn you Yahoo… Damn you.

What site screws with your mental well being?

16 Responses to “Oh Yahoo you know exactly what I want”

1. Marty says:

Facebook has brought out the worst in me (and screws with my mind) for a number of reasons. Something about the way it still links me to people who should be long gone… or sumthin.

• I hate the whole you may know recommendation thing

• Vince says:

I hate the people you may know thing, half are people I went to high school with and have no desire to ever talk to again and the other half are people I don’t even know.

• Meghan says:

Ugh, my facebook is almost all Michigan/high school friends. One of which just posted their status as being in love with Jesus…I don’t even know why I signed up.

• Karl Rove says:

Yeah. I’ve apparently been sent friend requests through that application. I know the people, but I’ve never talked to them. I don’t really know why someone feels the need to have so many online friends.

I confess to still holding onto Yahoo! <–did I actually need to add the exclamation point?

• matty says:

You had to use the exclamation point, Meghan! Yahoo!

You know, writing the above with an exclamation point at the end of the sentence makes me feel like a cheerleader! I’m off to play with myself! Yay!

Actually, it is SI.com that controls me with their cheerleader pics of the week.

3. Vince says:

My fantasy baseball team screw with my mental well being, but its probably because I have a good team that is ridiculously inconsistent and has produced a losing record.

4. Jeremy says:

I hate the fact that the bitches at hasbro got scrabulous shut down, onlt damn reason to have facebook. Assholes.

5. Fixator says:

YouTube’s New recommendation system is awful!

6. Taylor Blue says:

They had the internet back in 1995? I wonder what yahoo looked like then? Darn, I’m old!

• Jeff says:

It was essentially like the Yahoo of today, except fashioned crudely out of mud and sticks.

7. Chris says:

I still have a hotmail account that I check from time to time. And on the landing page they always have three or so lame stories. But I am convinced that hotmail and MSN think that I am a woman, because every story is about “Finding Mr. right” “New Sexy Workout Clothes” “How to Lose That Butt in 10 Days”. No wonder women are so insecure, hell I’m insecure after seeing all of those!

8. sarah says:

first off, i just found your blog via blogcatalog & am really enjoying. youre hilarious & ive subscribed. :)

and furthermore– i can identify with this post– it took me forever to quit my yahoo start page. i think i’d had mine going since approx ‘95 as well. it takes a while to move on from the familiar.