When did driving a car start making you invisible?

By: Bobby Finstock on 07/23/07 @ 5:00 am

A few nights back I went out to dinner with the fam, as we were leaving the restaurant we pulled up next to a car. For about the next minute and a half we were treated to watching this guy pick his nose. Actually saying he was picking his nose doesn’t do it justice, he was molesting his brain by finger banging it, yeah… I think that sums it up.

nose picker

Of course my five year old nephew sees this and is transfixed, he screamed from the back seat, “That guy is picking his nose, ewwwww!” Then he settled in to stare at and laugh at the guy for the remainder of the time we were at the light. With about ten seconds left in the light the guy noticed a five year old glaring at him in the car next to him and quickly yanked his finger out of his nose. Now the nose picker had to do something to recover from this embarrassing moment, I figure he had three options.

1) Just laugh and shrug his shoulders- While he would be admitting to looking like a total douche it would have restored some dignity and made everyone else watching not as disgusted.

2) Pretend nothing happened- Denial is always a good way to go, even if it only is to delude yourself. After a night of heavy drinking, I had to vomit in the bathroom. With horrible breath and chunks on my shirt I thought I could rally and continue to hit on this girl that I had previously been talking to. I kept telling myself the lone stick of Big Red I had in my pocket was going to mask the smell… Note to self: Don’t talk dirty in a girl’s ear after vomiting, your mouth is awfully close to her nose.

3) Wipe a massive booger on the car window- This kind of gives the people watching the reason why you did it. When they see this two inch string of gunk from your nose they will all think to themselves that they would have done the same thing. Sometimes you just need to clear house…
So what option did he go with? Number 4…

4) Look into the mirror and examine his nose like there is potentially something wrong with it- He must have already flicked the evidence off his finger making option number three unavailable, instead he looked into his mirror and examined his nose like he was doing a cancer check. My guess is that is also his standard reaction for when he gets caught masturbating, thankfully that is something I won’t have to experience.
Finally the light changed and nose picker sped off but it left me with the question:

Do you feel like nobody can see you when you drive your car?

Filed in: My Life

17 Responses to “When did driving a car start making you invisible?”

1. says:

I haven’t fooled myself into thinking I was invisible in the car…but I have just totally not cared knowing the people where I was would never see me again and done shameless things I would have never done in town…hahaha. Gotta love driving through the mountains, it can be entertaining with me…

2. says:

i dance in my car while i drive. its good times lol. yeah people stare at me and my friends but we dont care. we see it as “you only live once..” kinda thing

3. says:

When I catch a nose-picker who seems to have forgotten car windows are see-through, I usually give him (cuz it’s almost always a guy) a look of disgust, followed by a gag-motion. Okay, I don’t really do that, but I caught my dad once and I wanted to puke.

4. says:

I sincerely apologize for ruining your night out and giving nightmares to your nephew. It won’t happen again (especially since you’re moving).

5. says:

Ewww…that is disgusting…haha.

I was once coming back from a school college visit with my school and there was this guy who was next to us in a car (we were in a bus) pleasuring himself. That is the worst thing I’ve ever seen someone ever do in a car….so far anyway.

6. says:

I’ve done number three on occaision, most of the time when it’s not my ride. Although when I get to close to my brain a proximity alert goes off before I can inflict any brain damage…

7. says:

There’s always a kid watching me wherever I go…so…no

8. says:

I know what you mean. My office overlooks the employee parking lot for a hotel and a lot of employees get dressed/undressed in their car before they go into work. It makes me laugh because they think they’re being tricky when they open the back and front doors and then get dressed inbetween. Hello! I can see you.

9. says:

two words… privacy tint.

10. says:

I am invisible in my car damnit.

I admit to doing this.

I would probably go with option 2. I would just look away, look at my phone, mess with the radio, etc.

11. says:

I don’t have a car, but I’ve let out large farts on a city bus before..and that’s gotta count for something.

12. says:

What happened to wiping it under the car seat, so that the Great Barrier Reef grows under there? Sweet Jesus, do I have to teach everyone everything?

13. says:

I’m not invisible in my car… if I thought I was I wouldn’t flip off every asshole that refuses to do 90 and just gets in my way.

14. says:

I am only invisible in the car when I’m singing and dancing with the radio. Otherwise I constantly feel like people are staring at me…the creeps!

15. says:

My personal favorite is watching people singing in their cars. Don’t they realize that the look like goldfish in a bowl?

16. Sxiupxzi says:

ZCyY97 comment4 ,

17. Antonio says:

The site was decisively fantastic! Lots of nice information and animus, both of which we all need!

© 2007 Pointless Banter - All Rights Reserved || Designed: E.Webscapes || Social Media Consulting: Comedy Central Sound