Random Things I Like

By: Bobby Finstock on 05/25/06 @ 7:00 am

So I am rather lazy at this point in the week, so lazy that I didn’t even want to go through and do a blog from the vault. Instead I decided to take the easy way out and write a list. I like writing lists partially because I am lazy but I also enjoy writing them because I feel it gives me some order in my life. So here is a list of random things that I like. This list may just prove I am insane or will point out things you may take for granted.

The smell of gasoline- I love the smell of gas for some reason. I think if I was taken hostage and tied up then doused with gasoline I wouldn’t worry of my impending doom. Instead I would be a blissful daze from inhaling one of my favorite smells. Of course that would come to an end once they toss at match at me.

binder clips

Binder clips- I fucking love these things. Stapling? That takes effort. Three hole punching? That is for bitches. Screw paper clips, binder clips are where it is at for everything. In fact I am going to go out on a limb and declare binder clips my favorite office supply. You know what… I am going to take it a step farther and declare binder clips the official office supply of my blog.

ritz bits smores

Ritz Bits S’mores- Fuck you Nabisco. I have been eating rather healthy and living a nice healthy lifestyle before this shit hit the market. I was sitting around watching hockey the other night and decided to try them out within minutes I polished off like half of the box without even thinking about it. I came to the realization that putting me in front of a box of these is like putting Nicole Richie in front of a pile of coke. Basically none of it will be left.

minnie driver

Minnie Driver- Can’t explain it… Maybe it was her role in Good Will Hunting or in Grosse Point Blank. I just have a crush on her. I really don’t have anything to say here.

The Bunnicula series- This was one of my favorite series of books as a kid. It is a story that is told from the family dogs perspective about a vampire rabbit.

rabbit attack

I didn’t say killer rabbit… A vampire rabbit that sucks the blood out of vegetables but the cat thinks he is there to hurt the family. Ok I probably confused some people with the last two references so let’s bring this baby home.

And finally….

Holding onto the dream- I decided while driving home last night from LA in a partial daze due to exhaustion that I have a new dream in my life. My goal is to get a lap dance at a strip club. Wait that isn’t the whole thing, bare with me now. When the lap dance starts the girl on stage decides to dance to “Free Bird” by Skynard giving me 9:08 of lap dance time for only twenty bucks. It would be the greatest bargain ever. Not only would you get an extra long lapper but the stripper will be pissed because she really could have fit in three songs over that period of time. So the lap dance would be out of hate and resentment, wait aren’t all of them? If it happened I would probably weep in the stripper’s hair. In other words it would be a normal Saturday night.
What are random things that you like that wouldn’t be considered normal?

Tomorrow: drunken mistakes volume 7

8 Responses to “Random Things I Like”

1. sarah says:

I remember Bunnicula!!! I must have read Bunnicula so many times when I was a kid. Funny that I can’t remember it now…

2. Callie says:

I used to really love the smell of leaves burning in autumn. Since my house burned down it’s different. I still love the smell, but now I take a nice long sniff and then I scream and cry and try to run away. This is very distracting to the people riding in my truck.

I love those little long tubes of flavoring for bottled water. Not really the taste because once I put them in the water I never drink it. But it’s a great idea. Do you know if they make powdered whiskey? THAT I would drink!

Caller ID is one of my favorite things. No more russian roulette when you answer the phone.

Okay, that whiskey idea is getting to me now. Gotta go.

3. Bh says:

Ever have the pleasure of Minnie Driver’s 2004 “Invisible Girl” music video? I know this is an old post but I’d hate for you to have missed it.

4. Amanda says:

I FUCKING LOVE THE SMELL OF GASOLINE! It’s amazing, yet no one understands it! Gah. People need to get with it.

5. Katie says:

Random things I like:

The smell of pineforests.
    Burnt marshmallows.
    The sensation of sneezing.
    Burying my nose in warm fur.
    Sleeping in.
    The sound of trickling water, and the sounds of bird-calls echoing in a dimly lit forest.
    Shiny things.
    Hot baths.
    New car smell.
    Dishwash liquad smell.
    Lying on a scorching car bonnet in the summer sun.
    The feeling of sand under my toes.
    The taste of saltwater.
    Eating fish’n'chips on the beach after a long day of swimming, and watching seagulls glide on the wind wanting chips.
    The cool beach breeze, and watching the sun sink slowly.
    The sun bouncing off cars and CDs.
    The smell of coffe and chocolate as you pass city cafes.
    Stealing coffe crystals from cafe tables.
    Sticking my head out of moving cars.
    Wearing sandalls.
    Playing in sweet straw.
    The city streets at night, the bright colourful lights and the smell of McDonalds.
    Light misty rain.
    Walking in the rain, and listening to it fall.
    Dental floss.
    Walking barefoot on a hot pavement.
    Lying in warm grass.
    Laughing myself silly.
    I dont like the smell of gasoline but I like looking at rainbows in the spilt stuff.
    Savouring the taste of chocolate and letting it melt slowly in my mouth.
    Wearing warm, soft PJs during daytime.
    Watching dust fall in the bright morning sun.
    The feel of running.
    Lazing around in the sun or at dusk.
    The deliscious smeel of dusk and watching the sky grow dimmer.
    Going otside at night and watching the moths crowd around streetlights.
    Popping bubblewrap.
    Chewing gum ’till it loses its flavour.
    Purple lightning.
    Cloudless skys.
    Going outside after its been raining.
    Sitting on highup places, such as on top of brickwalls, and watching over people.
    Wellington City.
    The smeel of oldbooks and the feel of the crisp pages.
    Techno sounding music.
    The smell of a campfire.
    Cartrips, watching the tree’s and houses race by out the window.
    Reading a book under a shady tree and just watch people curiosly.
    The dappled pattern the sun makes when it sifts through tree leaves.]
    The feel of atumn leaves crunching under my feet.
    Woodsmoke on a very cold day.
    Lying on the carpet.
    Chewing popsicle sticks.
    Sipping REALLY cold coke.
    Being random and annoying people.
    Hot coffe.
    Making slurping noises with a half empty milkshake.
    Avatar: legend of aang.
    Doctor Who.
    Harry Potter.
    Dark grey eyes.

well thats alot!
    Im sure I can think of more…but…I CANT BE BOTHERED!!!

LOL BYE!

6. Katie says:

sorry I spelt “smell” wrong a few times!!! And I spelt coffee wrong!! LOL

and I also like really random things!!! And sci-fi stuff!

7. Katie says:

and some more…

The smell of popcorn.
    Modern Houses.
    The movie ‘eight below’
    Long walks on the beach. (no jokes!)
    Playing in bouncy ball pens! (even if Im not allowed to!)
    Swinging as high as on a swingset then jumping off mid-swing.
    Exploring places and having FUN!!!!
    blue eyes.
    Frosty mornings.
    Chips! Salt’n'vinegar!

ok…I’ll think of some more!!!

8. Katie says:

I LOVE DOCTOR WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

© 2006 Pointless Banter - All Rights Reserved || Designed: E.Webscapes || Social Media Consulting: Comedy Central Sound